Clinton County History Center – Wilmington, Ohio
Job Classification and Salary Range: Full-time Salary $35,000 – $55,000
The Clinton County History Center is seeking a dynamic and creative leader who will ensure excellence in museum curatorial, educational, marketing and operational endeavors and lead the alignment of financial resources and operational priorities near and long term.
- Manage CCHS collections, archives, facilities, staff and grounds.
- Prepare and provide agendas and reports for monthly meetings of the Board of Trustees
- Works with Treasurer to develop annual budgets and monthly financial reports.
- Develop and coordinate fundraising opportunities and activities.
- Prepare and execute CCHS exhibits and programming.
- Market and promote the History Center and its programs.
- Facilitate ongoing relationships and communications with donors.
- Serves as the primary liaison with community leaders and organizations, represents CCHS at community events.
- Lead the development and management of a volunteer program and support the Clinton County Genealogical Society.
Qualified candidates should possess the following: Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Studies, History or other related field. 1 year experience as director or curator of a museum or comparable management experience. Understanding of Standard Museum Practices, computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Suite. Writing and speaking skills. Physical ability to lift, carry, push/pull objects up to 25 pounds and to be able to stand for reasonable amount of time as well as climb a short step ladder and place/remove objects on shelves.
Preferred skills include the following: Knowledge of Clinton County history, Past Perfect software (or similar software), Adobe Suite, QuickBooks and volunteer management.
Qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Enthusiasm for the current and future role of CCHC and the importance of local history.
- Willingness to actively participate in cultural and civic life of Clinton County, Ohio and work with other activities, programs and organizations in Clinton County.
- Experience as a fundraiser demonstrating successful results in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donors, grants, government support, corporate sponsorships and other sources of revenue.
- Confidence with public speaking, presentations and programs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by December 15, 2018 with an expected start date of February 11, 2019.